Newcastle United are interested in acquiring the services of Czech Republic winger Ladislav Krejci.
The 22-year-old has been closely monitored by Newcastle’s chief scout Graham Carr for more than a year and they are now confident of signing him.
Should they follow up their initial interest, it is believed Krejci would set Newcastle back roughly £5million – a small outlay for a player with his potential.
Former Newcastle goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek is currently a coach at Sparta Prague and admits he has spoken with Krejci about moving to Tyneside.
“We have talked about the Newcastle interest and there may be something there,” he said.
“Krejci is a left winger and a very, very good player. The season before last he was absolutely fantastic – maybe last year he needed to do a little bit better but the whole team was not at its best. Newcastle fans would like a player like him, he is a real entertainer.
“Of course he is keen. We had a few conversations and he was excited a club like Newcastle was linked with him. I have told him all about Newcastle because it is a fantastic club to play for. I don’t know whether anything has happened this summer but of course I would recommend it if anything happens.”
Steve McClaren is hoping Krejci will be the first of three attacking arrivals this summer, having identified the goalscoring department as one of the areas that needs improving.
Update: Pavel Srnicek has since tweeted about Krejci’s situation (below).
I have send Krejci sms,he doesnt know anything about interest from #nufc he is flattered and a move to UK to newcastle is his dream 1 day
— Pavel Srnicek (@PavelSrnicekUK) June 21, 2015





